The long-term monitoring of brain electrical activity ( long term monitoring ), along with clinical treatment of the patient care Grdd.khdmat available include:
1-Classification of types of epilepsy and differential diagnosis of non-epileptic seizures from real attacks.
2. Precise diagnosis of patients with reflex epilepsy , self-induced epilepsy , and patients with epileptic seizures in certain conditions, such as sleep deprivation and prolonged study.
3. Determining the focus of epilepsy in patients who are candidates for surgery due to epileptic seizures.
Introducing the EEG section :
EEG ( Electroencephalogram ): Laleh's Electroencephalography Unit, which has been in operation since 2005 and is receiving many patients, such as patients with epilepsy, stroke, brain tumors, etc., which require an electrical examination of the brain.
This unit is ready to serve customers everyday from 7:30 to 14:30. The EEG clinic is a room numbered 060 in the eastern part of the ground floor, adjacent to the clinicsENT , Dentistry, Eco and Audiometry
Two neurologist physicians, Dr. Mohammad Motamedi and Dr. Hossein Pourmohammadian, are active in this section. His attendance at the clinic is as follows:
- Mr. Dr. Mohammad Motamedi on Saturdays at 16-13
- Mr. Hossein Pourmohammadian Saturday - Mon - Wed 9-11pm
It is worth mentioning that the attendance of physicians in the LCD installed in the eastern clinic hallway is exposed to the clients' eyesight.
The doctor's monthly on-line schedule is available for information at the clinic.
Phone: 6-88369862 and 8-88571065
Internally, the brain barrier clinic: 2061
Internal Video Section EEG Monitoring: 2363
human resource :
Head of Neurology Department: Dr. Mahmoud Motamedi
Head Nurse: Marjan Majedi
- Morning shift from 07:30 to 14:30
- Evening shift from 13:00 to 20:00
- Night shift from 19:00 to 7:00
In addition, on holidays, the staff are on-call, with their telephone number available for essential contact in the department and the nursing office.
This unit consists of two distinct parts:
- Clinic TCD-EEG (Doppler sonography of cervical edema)
- Video EEG Monitoring section
In the EEG clinic, two TCD-EEG procedures are performed.
In the V.EM section (simultaneous recording of the brain barrier and patient clinical behavior), long-term EEG monitoring is done.
1. EEG in unresectable patients who do not work without previous preparation is not feasible.
2. For eyes that are not alert, eyes open / close and painful stimuli are performed by the nurse to evaluate the patient's response.
3. In children below 5 years of sleep, EEG is performed in a specific condition according to the following procedure:
- Having a prescriber to take an EEG while sleeping.
- Awareness of the exact weight of the child
- Surely the child should be upright and not sleep at all until completely tired.
- One hour before performing the cerebellum, you should completely clean and clean the shampoo.
- If the child uses a glass of milk or a pacifier, be sure to bring it.
- With no earrings and ornamental or metal objects.
- Having toys for children's entertainment.
- Do not stop taking antiepileptic drugs before taking a tapeworm without prescribing.
After taking the patient and accepting the consent of the child's parents, the Sleep EEG is taken and then, according to the physician's order, it is given on the basis of the weight of the child, the chloral hydrate of the syringe, and after complete sleep, the EEG is performed. The EEG raport is printed after the report by the relevant physician in the duplicate, which is a delivery version of the patient or department, and a copy of it, along with biographies, is kept in the clinic in the district.